Sunshine

Sunshine

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vacation Rainy Day

We have been on vacation this week. The weather has been beautiful until today. It has rained all day! We had a wonderful seafood lunch, then went to a Teacher's store. We tried to do MagiQuest, but it was too crowded! So, we ended up buying these cute hermit crabs! Afterwards, we went for ice cream! :) Can you believe it is 70 degrees at Myrtle Beach in August?

 

This week, I finished reading "Bringing Words to Life" by Isabel L. Beck, Maragret G. McKeown, and Linda Kucan. It was truly an inspiring book for vocabulary instruction! Stay tuned to my blog as I incorporate ideas from the book into my Language Arts lessons and into my room. I am definitely looking forward to creating a version of "Word Wizards" into my classroom. Also, when I get home I look forward to making activities with Tier Two words for the book "Each Kindness" by Jacqueline Woodson. I really like the activity in which the student chooses between two situations to apply the vocabulary word. This will be the first book I use with my students! I will keep you posted as I develop these ideas further.
Happy Thursday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment