I wanted to say "Thank you" to the two bloggers who nominated A Day at the Beach with Fourth Grade for this award:
The Liebster award is generally given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. I think I read somewhere that it means dearest in German. Anyway, it is a great way to show support for these bloggers and encourage them in their blogging. Also, it is a fun way to meet other bloggers too!
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you, plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 5-11 bloggers/blogs to receive you Liebster Award and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have not eaten red meat in about 10 years.
2. My favorite colors are red and pink.
3. I love jewelry especially bracelets!
4. One of my favorite foods is pizza, and I could eat it every day!
5. I enjoy spending time with my family.
6. I'm a fourth grade teacher.
7. I enjoy making things for my classroom.
8. I am a huge Wolfpack fan since I graduated from N.C. State.(My husband did, too.)
9.I participated in my first Color Me Rad 5k in May, and I hope to participate in more!
10. I love high heels because I don't feel so short.(especially around my fourth graders)
11. My two children make me very happy to be a mom!!!
Questions from Christin:
1. If you could be any actor or actress, who would it be and why? I would choose Renee Zellweger mainly because a lot of people think I look like her.2. What kind of books do you enjoy reading? I enjoy reading historical romances and mysteries.
3. Do you have any kids or pets? What are their ages? I have two children who are 10 and 15. Also, I have two Boston Terriers.
4. What is your favorite teacher store? My favorite teacher store is Really Good Stuff.
5. What is your favorite clothing store to shop for work wardrobes? Why? I really love the Loft for both my professional and casual wardrobe. The clothes fit nicely, and I can usually find my size.
6. If you could be on a reality show, what would you choose and why? This one is hard because I do not watch a lot of television. I think Survivor just to see if I could do it.
7. What do you do on the weekends? Generally, I am occupied with whatever seasonal sport my children are participating in or I spend time with friends. In the summer, we relax at the beach!
8. How many years have you been teaching? This is my fourth year teaching. I am a career switcher, and I stayed home with my children for a while.
9. What is your favorite subject to teach and why? I love to teach reading because I feel it is the foundation for all learning.
10. What is your preferred teacher duty assignment? ??? I don't think we really have any assigned duties outside of our classrooms.
11. If you were on a desert island, what would you want to have with you? I would want to have my cell phone because I don't like being alone. :)
Questions from Sarah:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world and money was no object, where would you go and why? I would love to go to Italy because it is so beautiful and has great food!
2. Did you ever have an imaginary friend? I don't think so.
3. What is your favorite board game? I like Scrabble and Logo.
4. What website do you frequent the most? I frequent a lot of websites. It just depends on my mood.
5. Where do you hope to be 10 years from now? At some point, I would like to be an education administrator.
6. What season do you like the most? I love autumn. It is so beautiful to see the leaves change colors and the temperature is usually very comfortable.
7. If you could go and do one crazy thing right now, what would you do and why? I would go on a spontaneous getaway because I usually like to plan everything.
8. What was your dream job when you were a child? My dream job when I was a child was to be a ballerina.
9. If you could stay any age for the rest of your life, what would you choose and why? This is a tough question because I have enjoyed every age for various reasons.
10. What's your favorite breakfast food? My favorite breakfast food at the moment would be kale smoothies.
11. Which household chore do you dislike the most? I do not like cleaning bathrooms!
11 Questions for My Nominees:
1. What is your favorite movie and why?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What is your favorite vacation spot?
4. What is the one teacher tool that you cannot live without and why?
5. What was your favorite subject in school when you were a child?
6. Who or what inspired you to teach?
7. What is your favorite piece of technology?
8. How do you like to motivate your students?
9. What is your dream car?
10. What do you like to do for fun?
11. What is your favorite food to cook?
I have nominated the following blogs(Some may have over 200 followers. It is hard to tell:).):
Check out their sites and show them some support! Thanks!